Sunday 15 April 2012

A Good Public Speaker

Everyone in this business has to be a good public speaker, they are out in front of a crowd every week. I have chosen to do my public speaker on a wrestler. His name is Shawn Michaels and on the 29th of March 2010, he stood out in front of the crowd and he gave his farewell speech.
Overall I thought this was a good speech because he is standing in the middle of the ring looking at the crowd and pouring his heart and soul into the speech. He was thanking the crowd for watching him for over 20 years, He thanked his friends and co-workers. The best that he made in that speech for me was when he thanked Bret Heart for forgiving him for they have had together and what had happened between in 1997 and also when he thanks the boss for keeping him and helped him when he was in trouble. His body language was good because he always looked at the crowd while delivering his speech.
Everything that he had said in his speech was true. I think he prepared his speech by just saying what he felt about the things that had happened and who he had to thank it was relevant to the audience because a lot of them grew up watching him, I was watching him wrestle since I six years old so it was relevant to me. This speech was easy to follow and also easy to understand.
Yes I do think he achieved his aim from his speech because he told the crowd how he felt, they were cheering his name some of the fans were crying and he had tears in his. He delivered the message well he got to thank everyone and share his thoughts and feelings. His eye contact was great he kept looking at the fans. His tone was warm and heartfelt like he was speaking from heart. Overall I thought this was a great speech, I hope you think so too.

Here are the clips.
WWE Raw 3/29/10 Shawn Michaels Leaves The WWE Part 1/2
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6MPg6_Jcjw
 
WWE Raw 3/29/10 Shawn Michaels Leaves The WWE Part 2/2
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=SEXdW2AOPpU

No comments:

Post a Comment